Lip Stains are another form of Lipstick, the difference with them is that they are actually staining your lips rather than sitting on top of them, unlike a lipstick or gloss. Most lipstains will leave your lips feeling a bit dryer than a lipstick - they are mostly a matt finish. Lipstains can also be really long wearing, as they get into the skin, a bit like when you stained your lips as a kid with iceypoles or lollies.
I've had a few requests to use them this week from clients because they really dislike feeling that they have anything on their lips; or they may be getting married and don't want to leave a trail of lipstick behind them. So I have been looking into them and this is what i have come up with.
- Its good to buy them in the "pen" form as they go on exactly where you want them and you can have a really exact or sharp lip line if you like, a bit like using a texta on your lips.
- Sometimes the colour on the "pen" is not what it looks like on your lips, so try on your inside arm before buying.
- The Revlon and Smashbox tints have a good moisturising balm on the end of the pen.
- The Benetint stains by Benefit in red (benetint) and pink (posietint) are great and you get exactly what is in the bottle so no colour problems.
- The Laura Mercier stains are beautiful and feel less drying but don't last as long because they are more a cream emollient than a stain.
- A quick trick is to use a little on your cheek area also - looks like a rosy cheek.
followed by benetint or posietint from Benefit at $28US if you buy online.